The Cardiopulmonary Services Department provides inpatient and outpatient care for adult, pediatric, and newborn patients of disorders and diseases associated with the cardiopulmonary system.
- Child friendly
- Long Term Video EEG
- CF screening (sweat test)
- Outpatient Holter monitor, EKG
- Pediatric life support
- Reflux screening (pH probe)
- QRCR certification with American Association for Respiratory www.aarc.org
The Cardiopulmonary Department at Palms West Hospital has earned a Quality Respiratory Care Recognition (QRCR) under a national program aimed at helping patients and families make informed decisions about the quality of the respiratory care services available in hospitals.
About 500 hospitals (10%) in the United States have received this award. PWH Cardiopulmonary Department has been qualified for this recognition by meeting the following conditions:
- All respiratory therapist employed by the hospital to deliver bedside respiratory care services are either legally recognized by the state as competent to provide respiratory care services or hold the CRT or RRT credential.
- Respiratory therapists are available 24 hours
- Other personnel qualified to specific respiratory procedures and the amount of supervision required for personnel to carry out specific procedures must be designated in writing.
- A doctor of medicine or osteopathy is designated as medical directory or respiratory care services.