Care Assure is Palms West Hospital’s commitment to excellence in follow-up care. Care Assure was created to ensure patients receive appropriate care following hospital visits. Clinically trained Nurse Navigators support patients after discharge from the hospital by answering questions and facilitating follow-up appointments.
By taking a broad view of patient care, Care Assure helps to improve management of disease during the transition from the hospital back into the community.
What can you expect from Care Assure?
During the weeks following your hospital admission, you should expect to:
- Receive calls from a Care Assure nurse who will ensure that you receive appropriate follow-up care
- Be supported by a healthcare team who is dedicated to helping you navigate and work through the healthcare system
- Interact with Nurse Navigators who will help you understand your discharge plan and work with you to complete follow-up appointments
To achieve the maximum benefit from Care Assure, you should:
- Follow all instructions from your hospital discharge summary and ask your nurse questions about anything that you do not understand
- Work with Nurse Navigators to schedule your follow-up appointments
- Attend your appointments and/or contact the Care Assure nurse if you need to reschedule the appointment
- Reach out to the Care Assure nurse with any other questions or concerns regarding your follow-up plan