The New Life Center at Palms West Hospital is a state-of-the-art obstetrics unit, providing the warmth and special care you desire for the birth of your baby. Our private birthing and mother-baby suites create a comforting and secure environment and are furnished with the latest technology and equipment. Families may stay together from the beginning of labor, to the day baby goes home. Based on availability, these beautiful suites are furnished with a TV/DVD player, refrigerator, Internet access, Skype, and other amenities to make your experience a memorable one.
Your care, and your baby’s birth, will be guided by a knowledgeable and caring staff of medical professionals that include certified labor nurses in fetal monitoring by the Association of Women’s Health Obstetrics and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN), board certified obstetricians and neonatologists, certified neonatal nurses, anesthesiologists skilled in labor and delivery, a childbirth educator and a lactation consultant
We help to navigate through the delicate process of labor and delivery and put your mind at ease with a highly-skilled clinical staff that will remain with you through this remarkable journey to the birth of your child. Our certified childbirth educators offer a variety of programs and classes to prepare the entire family for the birth of a new baby including childbirth preparation, infant CPR, breast-feeding, sibling classes, infant care, and teenage pregnancy.
In the event of Caesarean section (C-Section) is scheduled or becomes necessary as your labor progresses, our state-of-the-art surgical suite is located in our Obstetrics Unit.
The New Life Center
- OB Hospitalist 24/7
- Anesthesia available 24/7
- Breastfeeding assistance by the lactation consultant
- Experienced labor and post-partum RN’s (Average PWH tenure 10 years)
- Family centered care
- Flexibility with labor choices
- Flexibility with visitation
- Personalized attention & compassionate care
- Complimentary professional baby photography
- Nursery visiting hours 24/7
- Staffing of Level 3 NICU Nurses
- State-of-the-art infant security system and locked OB unit
What to bring to the hospital on your special day:
Because babies have a timetable of their own, we suggest you have an overnight bag packed and ready to go well in advance of your due date. Some of the items you may want to bring include:
- Nightgowns, underwear and nursing bras
- A comfortable robe and slippers
- Personal items like "that special pillow"
- Toiletries and cosmetics
- A comfortable going home outfit for you and your baby
- Important phone numbers and information such as your Social Security number
- An approved infant car seat
When it’s time to be admitted
When you think you are in labor or your water breaks, call your obstetrician immediately. He or she will notify us to prepare for your arrival.
When you arrive at the hospital, you may use the main hospital entrance Mon – Fri: 6:00am – 8:00pm, or the Emergency Room entrance after hours.
After your delivery
After you deliver, family and friends may visit. Our Hospital supports Open Visitation, however, proper rest for both you and your baby is important and for that reason, we may limit the number of visitors. We recommend that healthy siblings be the only children visiting. Individuals with colds or other illnesses should not be visiting you during your stay.
As your baby grows, so will your relationship with us
The Children’s Hospital at Palms West offers a full range of children’s services to care for your child from birth through adolescence:
Arriving soon...Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
The New Life Center at Palms West Hospital has been delivering life’s little miracles since 1986. Our Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) offers specialized medical and nursing care, delivered 24 hours a day by board-certified neonatologists and an experienced nursing team.
The new NICU features:
- 24/7 Level II Neonatology coverage
- 10 private, state-of-the-art hospital rooms offering the latest in neonatal technology
- A Family Centered Care environment providing these newborns and their parents with the loving support they need and deserve.
- NicView Video Streaming that enables families to watch their newborn anytime, anywhere, on any device with internet access
- Social Worker dedicated to NICU babies and their families
- Offering Prolacta, a human milk fortifier for premature infants
There is no greater joy than that very moment when your newborn is put into your arms. When it happens, you’ll want to be in the safe, loving hands of The New Life Center at Palms West Hospital. From our experienced, caring doctors and nurses to the most advanced technology, we’ll provide an unparalleled level of comfort to you and your family. Whatever you would like your birth experience to be, our staff will work hand-in-hand with you to create that special moment.
If you have any questions, please call (561) 798-BABY. You can also call (561) 345-7009, our 24-hour Consult-A-Nurse® line to register for upcoming maternity classes, or for a free physician referral.
Our 47-bed pediatric unit focuses on providing family centered care, and is designed with child-friendly amenities. Learn more about our Pediatric Services.