Occupational Therapy is a rehabilitation discipline specializing in evaluating, diagnosing and treating physical and functional impairments in patients of all ages. At Palms West Hospital’s Outpatient Rehabilitation and Aquatics Center, our team assist patients in developing the skills to take care of themselves when a health problem limits normal day-to-day activity, including bathing, dressing, eating, preparing meals, doing housework and managing personal and work-related tasks.
Therapy may include the following:
- Exercises related to activities and function of the upper body
- Training to improve self-care, dressing and activities of daily living
- Energy conservation measures for improved function and endurance
- Home improvements for safety and increased independence
- Training on use of adaptive equipment to improve independence during daily tasks
- Assessment and treatment of cognitive impairments
- Upper Extremity splinting and bracing
Please contact us at (561) 792-8067 for a private tour and to answer any of your questions.